Description & Details
The 72 Pilothouse from Ocean Alexander. More beam. More living options. A more modern hull that gives you better speed with less fuel burn. The 72 Pilothouse is a take on an Ocean Alexander classic. OA’s continuing obsession with engineering, safety and performance is evident all over it. They’ve added some intriguing designs features such as a private staircase entry to your master stateroom, an island galley layout and full wet bar with seating in the spacious command bridge area. Welcome and enjoy!
- Portland, OR
- FAVORITE BOATING DESTINATION
- Desolation Sound in the Northwest & Cape Cod/Block Island Sound in the Northeast
- FIRST BOAT SOLD
- 40’ Tollycraft
Highlighted Details & Specifications
- Vinylester resin infusion hull, deck, bulkheads and floor construction
- Reinforced collision bulkhead
- 2″ elliptical 316L stainless steel handrails and stations. 1 1/2″ on the FB.
- Sound dampening to the level of 1/2 to 1/10 of ISO-6954 sound level ratings
- Exterior painted surface, with professional grade Alexseal polyurethane paint for minimal maintenance.
- Marine grade aluminum structural beams integrated into the hull and deck.
- Cross-knit directional carbon fiber added in high stress areas for integrity and torsional strength.
- • Solid hull bottom
- • Three coats of Seahawk hi-build epoxy barrier coat under the bottom paint.
- Twin CAT C18 1150 hp engines. (approx. 320 hrs)
- Three control stations, aft deck docking, lower helm and FB helm.
- Yacht Controller
- Electronic engine controls
- Delta-T intake/exhaust fans with de-mister.
- PTO hydraulic take-off on each transmission for powering the thrusters, stabilizers and windlass.
- Monolithic S/S engine beds for added stability and strength.
- S/S hand rails in engine room,
- Military spec A16XN alloys used in engine exhaust system for optimum performance.
- Kohler 23 kW genset(s) (approx. 346 hrs stbd – 369 hrs port)
- S/S rudders
- Oversized bronze propellor shaft V-struts.
- Dripless shaft and rude seals.
- High performance computer designed and machined propellors.ual
- 1 ea. Stidd helm chair PH
- 2 ea. Stidd helm chairs on FB
- Muir VWCLP3500 hydraulic windlass.
- S/S anchor with all chain rode.
- Chain counter at PH and FB helm.
- Ocean Alexander proprietary “dry bilge ventilation system” with dedicated exhaust to keep bilges dry and mildew free.
- Steelhead 1500lb hydraulic/electric davit w/power rotation.
- Fire extinguishing system in engine room.
- Pantograph windshield wipers w/washers and intermittent function.
- Kahlenberg HD horn system
- Ocean Alexander designed oversized shafts, rudders and other drive train systems are one class larger than the competitive vessel.
- 2mm thich 316 S/S water tank w/sight gauge.
- Fresh water wash down at the bow, the stern and the boat deck.
- Dockside water connection.
- One 40 gallon water heater w/dual heating elements for faster heating.
- 4.5mm 5052 aluminum fuel g=tanks w/sight gauges, tested to 33CFR510 international standards.
- High and low fuel alarm system.
- Dual Racor fuel/water separator w/Y-valves for engine and generator
- Filler for fuel tanks on both port and stud side, so complete fueling can be done from either side of the vessel
- Fuel system with venting and “catch” system, designed for burps, etc.
- Common drainage system
- Automatic bilge pump(s) with high water alarms
- Dry bilge area arrangement in the center of the engine room
- Garmin 8617 series screens with 3 ea. screens at the PH helm and 2 ea. screens at the FB helm. (new summer 2017)
- Garmin HD 6′ 6kW open array radar
- Furuno auto pilot
- ICOM VHF radio 2 ea.
- Garmin GSD25 black box sounder
- Garmin Panpotix w/PS51 transducer for fwd looking sonar
- Garmin GT41 CHIRP transducer
- Garmin AIS600 with NMEA GPS
- Engine room and aft deck camera system
- Triband Sat HD7 w/DirectTV receivers
- Ritchie Compass 4 1/2″
- Maretron system w/”anchor watch” remote panel in the master cabin
- HD sealed AGM batteries = 4 ea. 24vdc engine start, 2 ea. 12vdc gen set start, 3000 amp hours of inverter/house 24 vdc bank.
- Battery paralleling system with controller switch
- Service battery switch
- Engine battery isolation switch. AC/DC System:
- AC outlets
- AC/DC distribution panels w/magnetic circuit breakers
- 60 amp battery charger for house and engine start bank(s)
- Iso-Boost package for both shore power cords
- Shore power receptacles w/Iso-Boost and 2 ea. 50/240amp power cords w/ Glendinning cable master cord reels.
- Electrical breaker panels with backlighting.
- 24v LED lighting. Some w/dimming function
- Dometic reverse cycle air conditioning rated for “Extreme Tropical Climates”.
- Refrigerant type is accepted worldwide under the Montreal Protocols.
- Vimar switches and outlets
Accommodations/Interior, Audio/Video SALON
- LED 46″ TV with A/V system
- One sub-woofer
- Evan K. Marshall custom design salon furniture and sofa. Sofa includes storage.
- Wood valances
- 24V LED lights
- Enlarged windows in salon with custom engineered solution incorporated marine grade aluminum beams allowing for industry leading window expanse.
- LED 40″ TV
- DVD/CD audio stereo and video system • One sub-woofer
- King bed w/custom mattress
- Head board
- Two nightstands
- Storage under bert
- Chest of drawers• Ensuite head w/stall shower
- Safe in hanging locker
- Cedar lined hanging lockers
- Enlarged “gill” style windows w/ custom engineered “sandwiched glass” construction
GENERAL CABIN/HEAD FEATURES
- Fresh Air system w/filtered fresh air drawn from outside and vented to the lowercabins for constant fresh, clear air distribution
- China sinks
- Grohe fixtures
- Seamless fiberglass shower designs
- Planus toilet systems
- Granite/marble in shower, floors, seats, trim.
- VIP cabin w/ensuite head and entertainment system
- Port Guest cabin with ensuite head and entertainment system
- Side by side Maytag washer dryer units
- USB power plugs at PH helm and master cabin
- Custom decor, bed spreads, curtain fabrics, soft goods, etc.
- Complete dishwater and flatware package
- Complete galley cookware
- Carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Satin varnish on interior wood work
- Complete mooring pkg.
- 6 person lift raft on boat deck
- Galley see-through to salon
- Granite countertops
- Solid wood floor custom engineered with same wear capacity as a solid 3/4″ wood floor.
- Large single bowl Franke sink
- 36″ JennAir refer/freezer
- 30″ JennAir over the range Microwave/Convection oven
- 30″ JennAir 220v cooktop
- Garbage compactor
- 2 ea. Fisher-Pykel dishwashers drawers
CREW CABIN/ MISCELLANEOUS
- Stall shower
- Enclosed head
- Tilt down oversized custom berth
- Storage lockers
- Complete new Garmin Suite (summer 2017)
- 3 ea. 8617 17″ screens at the lower helm and 2 ea. 8617 17″ screen on the CB
- 2 ea. ICOM VHF’s w/ command mics for CB
- Furuno auto pilot
- Martron system w/master cabin anchor watch
- Garmin Panoptix PS51 transducer for forward looking sonar
- Garmin GT41CHIRP transducers aft
- Garmin 626 x HD2 6kW 6′ open array
- Garmin AIS600 transponder and NMEA GPS
- Camera system (engine room and aft deck)
- KVH M7 Sat TV antenna w/Direct TV receivers
- Ritchie compass (2 ea.)
- Twin C-18 CATS 1150 hp (320 hrs) (last service 4/17 at 290 hrs)
- 2 ea. Kohler 23 kW generators (P-369 hrs. S-344 hrs)
- Spare parts and filters
- 900 god Sea Recovery water maker
- 25 hp hydraulic bow thruster
- 15 hp hydraulic stern thruster
- Bow and stern thruster proportional controller with locking (3 ea. station)
- Yacht Controller
- WesMar stabilizer system