Description & Details
A gorgeous 2001 Tiara 40 Express that has been living in fresh water covered moorage, is now available. She features sought after options that include:
- Preferred Plan “A” interior arrangement with queen berths both forward and aft, featuring brand new custom mattresses.
- T-N-T Hydraulic transom step
- Camper enclosure for cockpit
- Bow thruster
- Diesel forced air furnace
- Reverses cycle A/C and heat
- Satin finished teak interior
- Teak and Holly cabin sole
- 435 hp 3208 DiTA CAT power
- Inverter system with large battery bank
- 11.5 kW generator
- Portland, OR
- FAVORITE BOATING DESTINATION
- Desolation Sound in the Northwest & Cape Cod/Block Island Sound in the Northeast
- FIRST BOAT SOLD
- 40’ Tollycraft
LAYOUT & VESSEL DIAGRAMS
Highlighted Details & Specifications
Manufacturer Provided Description
- The 4000 Express combines styling and performance with traditional Tiara standards and reputation for rugged dependability and sea-keeping ability. The cockpit offers truly social seating - with an electric double-wide helm seat, abutting companion sear, aft-facing lounge, and rear lounge. The patented cockpit table of molded fiberglass does triple duty as a cockpit table / dining table / sun pad. The unit disappears flush into the cockpit sole when not in use. Engine room access is concealed in the aft-facing lounge, and can also be accessed by lifting the main engine hatch, with hydraulic lift. The interior features the preferred plan A arrangement and sleeps 6 and includes an 11 foot starboard lounge, with removable pedestal seats and dining table (lounge also converts to 2-person berth). Also featured is a complete galley, private owner's stateroom with queen-size pedestal bed, head with separate enclosed shower, and a private mid-cabin queen berth stateroom (with toilet and sink).
- The cabin of SYDNEY features Tiara's "Plan A" layout, and includes a mid-cabin stateroom with queen-size bed, storage and en suite head. The forward owner's stateroom has a queen-sized pedestal berth with storage below, two hanging lockers, and hullside shelves and storage compartments. The full fiberglass head is accessible from the master stateroom as well as the salon area. Features of the master head include a cast granite lavatory sink with locker below, Vacuflush toilet, vanity with mirrored lockers and make-up light, stall shower with acrylic doors, seat and overhead light, as well as additional linen storage. The galley on the standard plan A is along the port side and has Corian countertops, three burner electric cooktop, drawers with sea locks, built-in coffee maker, microwave/convection oven, and refrigerator and freezer built-in under the counter.
- Satin finished teak interior
- Teak and Holly cabin sole
- Newer Toshiba TV's in salon, master cabin, guest cabin
- Newer Fusion stereo w/Bose surround sound and remote on helm deck
- Weems and Plath Clock and Barometer
- Diesel forced air furnace heat
- Reverse cycle A/C and heat
- Central Vac system
- Corian countertops
- Double SS sink
- Coffee maker
- Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Marvel beverage cooler
- 3 burner cook top
- Toaster oven
- Pantry area
- Numerous drawers and cabinets
- Furuno radar w/4' open array
- Furuno GP1850DF CMap chart plotter
- Simrad AP20 auto pilot
- Standard Horizon VHF
- Brooks and Gatehouse Quad w/speed-depth-temp-wind
- ACR search light
- The electrical system on the 4000 Express features a custom 12V and 120V master distribution panel with Plexiglas door, amp meter, reverse polarity indicator, 240V 50 amp 65' shore power cord, a two bank 12V battery system with gel cell batteries, and battery charger.
- 11.5kW generator
- 2.0 kW Inverter w/600 amp hour of battery
Hull and Deck
- The 4000 Express features construction that utilizes a water barrier outer gelcoat and hand laid fiberglass.The stringers are made of a high grade marine plywood called “Tech-Lam” and encapsulated in handlaid fiberglass and integrated into the hull. Seacocks and all underwater thru-hull fittings are made of bronze, and there is molded-in deckside ventilation as well as a Quiet Tone underwater exhaust. This 4000 has the four optional custom oval opening port lights with screens for some extra fresh air and natural light below. Gelcoated bootlines and recessed trim tabs show the attention to detail on this spacious 40 footer. custom diamond pattern non-skid is used on all deck and cockpit surfaces for sure, safe, footing. The windshield is custom Tiara, made of welded aluminum and Solex 1/4" safety glass, and handrails, and a center hinged ventilating section make this windshield one the safest, strongest, and best built in the industry. The transition to the foredeck is easy with grab rails and a sturdy one-piece welded bow rail to assist the movement forward. Other deck features of the 4000 Express include three aluminum deck hatches with screens and privacy covers, forward deck sun pad with S.S. handrails, drink holders and storage, flush forward anchor locker with overboard drain, and a fiberglass molded-in bow pulpit with standard windlass wiring and S.S. roller assembly.
- The cockpit on SYDNEY is designed for comfort and convenience. The helm is a “heads up” fiberglass tilt-away helm station with full flush mount electronics capability. The double wide helm seat, with standard power adjustment is comfortable and sits high, providing a clear scope of vision while idling or while throttling up and cruising. The forward-facing companion lounge, with tons of storage, sits right next to the helm seat and provides ample seating for four adults. There is chart storage, drink holders, and glove box adjacent to the helm, and the bronze acrylic sliding companion door with lock sits to the port side. The aft cockpit features forward and aft-facing seats and a great hydraulic hi/lo cockpit table, and can be used as cocktail tables, dining tables for 6-8 people or an enormous sunpad. A standard wet bar with sink and optional ice maker sits to starboard behind the helm seat. Dual molded-in transom steps with hinged gates make entering the cockpit easy, and standard cockpit lighting with remote feature ensures safe footing. There is a large transom storage trunk with approximately 105 cubic feet of storage space. A huge 48" swim platform with built-in folding ladder is typically opted for in place of the standard 30". The cockpit shower with hot and cold water is standard as is the cruising arch with handrails, bimini top, and side curtains.
- Full camper back canvas enclosure w/roll up panels
- Cockpit deck a=carpeting
- Famous Tiara 40 Express power table in deck
- Helm A/C
- Helm heat
- Power windshield vent
- Windlass forward with chain rode
- Dinghy chocks
- T-N-T hydraulic transom step
- Bottom paint (2017)
- BBQ, propane
- Life Sling
- Mooring package
- Safety package
- Cockpit sink and ice maker
- This 4000 Express has the CAT 3208DITA that turnout 435 h.p. each. The engines provide an efficient cruise speed around 28 mph. Other mechanical features include water cooled shaft logs, VDO engine instrumentation, cockpit lighting with pre-board security system, air conditioning throughout with reverse cycle heat, Quiet Tone underwater exhaust, generator, Racor fuel filters with water separators, and the list goes on.
- Safety is always an issue with any Tiara and the 4000 Express is no exception. An array of safety equipment is standard, including: Cockpit lighting, automatic bilge pumps, FE-241 fire extinguisher system, Coast Guard safety and medical kit, 6 Tiara life vests, and the certification from the NMMA, U.S.C.G.
- all engine and generator services completed April 2019
- SidePower bow thruster (24vdc)
- Glenndinning engine synchronizer
- Reverse cycle Cruise Air A/C system (cabin and helm deck)
- Espar diesel furnace system
- Central vac system
- Top speed of boat: 31.5mph
- 2001 Zodiac 11' RIB w/ 30 hp Nissan ob
- Owner's personal items
- All personal property is excluded unless specifically identified and included in the sale agreement and listing specifications. Personal property refers to all items not permanently attached to the vessel including but not limited to: artwork, furnishings, and recreational or entertainment items. Advertisements, marketing materials, and/or other photography may depict the vessel with personal property, however, such personal property is excluded unless otherwise specifically included as provided herein.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.